- Students participate actively in the teaching –
learning process as the teacher creates opportunities for everyone.
- Students can work in groups and become more
collaborative, respecting others’ opinions, they work on projects and draw conclusions bases on collaborative work.
- It is necessary because students build their own
knowledge by asking questions, solving problems, participating actively during classes and analyzing situations in order to give possible solutions. TEACHER'S ROLE
- He / she encourage every student to participate and
collaborate in class.
- He / she is in charge of designing enough materials
and resources in order to develop students’ abilities which makes every single student get involved in the process.
- He / she must be aware of their students’ learning
styles and use varied techniques to reach every student. 4 KEY PRINCIPLES OF LEARNER CENTERED INSTRUCTION
- Strategic thinking.
- Thinking about thinking
- Context of learning
- Motivational and emotional influences on learning.
By Mónica Benavides Aguilar