LEARNER CENTERED APPROACH
1. What is learner centered instruction (LCI)?
Learner Centered Instruction is a teaching method. LCI focuses on students reflecting on their learning process, learning independently or collaboratively and engaging in hard work.
2. What is the main role of the teacher in LCI?
Students are supported by teachers through how to use available tools and resources, devoting some class time to non-traditional activities, how to reflect on their own learning and including teaching learners how to use learning strategies.
3. Explain the 4 key principles of student centered learning.
1) Learning is personalized: find what they like and want to learn about and what their strengths and needs are
2) Learning is Competency-Based: take into account existing knowledge, skills, and abilities, set high expectations, and push students in supportive ways to reach their personal goals
3) Learning happens anytime, anywhere: develop the skills and build the personal knowledge and experiences
4) Students take ownership: take ownership of the learning becomes a driving force in the own education.
By: Yuri Gina Mendoza Vivanco